

Just come to update my blog. Thought it was time I made a post!
Girls are both currently well, we where at clinic a week ago and they had both gained a little weight and grown a little bit to which made mummy happy. P-M's appointment has come through so she'll be seeing the surgeon soon about her G tube/Fundo operation and hopefully a few weeks after that we'll get the date for the actual operation. Just hope its not too close to her 1st birthday which is in May.
Cant believe its been almost a year. Its also been a year this month that we got E's diagnoses and our lives dramatically changed. The nasal tube went in, the meds started and the fortnightly clinic appointments began. I was 7 & a half months pregnant with PM, seriously dont know where the time has gone. Has zoomed by!
So much has happened since then. We had a baby, E got her G tube/fundo done, PM was diagnosed at 7ish weeks old and then had a nasal tube put in, moved house, didn't have adequate heating and appeared in the local paper twice! They've both been in & out of hospital with viral infections to.
PM is still sick, 2-3 times a day so loads of washing to do every day to. E's been going to stay & play and been having a great time there, PM's now trying to crawl :) She's still quite small and in 6-9mth clothes. Ive been put on anti depressants last month and they are helping, mood swings are alot calmer and I don't cry so much now.
The other half & I have recently decided to organise a Fun Day for Cystinosis Foundation in the next few months so hopefully organising that wont be too stressful! Have PM's birthday party/stuff to get all sorted to but think we're almost done with that.
We sure have had a roller coaster of a year thats for sure but if I could turn back time, I wouldn't change a thing. It's hard at times with meds every 6hrs, eye drops every few hrs, diarrhea and super explosive nappies plus all the washing but I love my girls so much. They are an inspiration to me, never grumble or moan; even with the blood tests every 4 weeks! They are super stars and amazing.
I know it's been a tough year but they look amazingly well! You are clearly doing a great job
ReplyDelete