Friday, 7 May 2010

Some Good News!

Well E had her Renal appointment on Tuesday. We weren't expecting much to be honest, just to make sure blood levels where still ok and that her meds where working and that they didn't need adjusting.
They weighed her ... 18lb 10oz! A whole 1lb gain in just 2 weeks!! I couldn't believe it. I think letting her have her yogurts again might be helping that, she loves yogurt. Then they measured her ... 74cms! She had grown 2cms in a fortnight. Someone had stuck her in a grow bag for sure.
Mummy & Daddy where VERY pleased. Dietitian was happy and Dr was happy. Everyone was happy! Even E who usually gets so restless and clingy at these appointments was quite happily playing on the floor and crawling around and smiling. Someone surely had switched my daughter heehee. We missed the call from the Speech Therapist unfortunately so called her back today to arrange an appointment, I'm really hoping it does help with her eating more solid food as she really wants to. She steals it off your plate now lol.
The Dr doesn't want her back for another 4 weeks, which I was surprised at but she was really pleased with E's progress and said unless the bloods she had taken come back with low levels of something she doesn't really need to see her :) By the time she goes back she'll be a big sister & I'll be a mummy to 2 beautiful Princesses!
She's back at hospital though May 26th to see a different Dr about having the Mickey Button in her tummy rather than the nasal tube, have heard it makes a huge difference and alot easier to manage so will be loads better as her nasal tube keeps coming out what with all the cough/colds she gets bless her. Community Nurses are fab though and usually turn up in 2/3 hrs to put her in a new one, which she absolutely hates but I always give her MILLIONS of hugs & kisses afterwards and sometimes she falls asleep on me.
She's been through so much in the past 9ish months and she's so brave. I'm so proud she's my daughter! Glad she is finally gaining some weight after losing so much, she'll be my Little Chunky Monkey again in no time if she carries on gaining 1lb every fortnight :p Here's a recent piccie of her without her tube and with a cheeky look on her face as usual lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment